Friday, November 26, 2010

In which Lauren attempts becoming an adult

It's been a while since my last post, and a lot has changed. I haven't written because I typically use this blog to tell people about my travels and for the moment I'm no longer nomading about. Which is sad, and good, all at the same time. In the past few months I've moved to DC, found an apartment, a job, a new bike and a cell phone. I'm practically a real person.

Kyla, I'm sorry that I never posted about the Portland/Seattle portion of the road trip. Honestly, it's because I was so excited to see you that I didn't take the time to write in my diary, and then had no notes when I returned.

Anyway, the Northwest was fabulous as always, due in very large part to my wonderful hostess(es - thanks Rosie!!).

Here is a quick photographic journey of life from September 16th to the present (as always, click to enlarge):

Amy and I stayed at a ridiculawesome motel in Bend. We had the romantic Lavender Room.



We also drove through some beautiful scenery, stumbled upon a lava pit, and parted with Blue Betty (tear), trading her for a bus in Eugene.





We had a few lovely days in Portland, lost Amy to Chicago (tear) and went to Octoberfest. In Seattle I met some wonderful people and didn't see a single raindrop.



Eventually I got my act together and moved to DC. I slept on a lot of couches, for which I owe a lot of lovely people a significant amount of love and beer. I moved into Yellow House, started refurbishing my awesome ride, and then immediately left for Erin's wedding.




Now I'm working at the National Board and traipsing about DC.







Luckily I've moved to Chinatown. A girl just can't let go.


Clearly this past year has given me a lot to be thankful for. Perfect to culminate in a wonderful roommate Thanksgiving last night.
(We left the volcano up for the obvious Thanksgiving ambiance it adds)


I'm thankful for every single one of the friends, family and strangers that have made this past year what it was, and me who I am.

-L


P.S. I filmed my commute the other day in an attempt at reliving past glories. Just a teaser for an upcoming post.

No comments:

Post a Comment